Disney Cruise Line is introducing nostalgic stories from beloved Disney theme park attractions to guests at sea for the first time ever with the debut of several Disney Parks-inspired venues onboard the Disney Treasure.
We recently shared new details about three of these dynamic new spaces– the Periscope Pub, inspired by the spellbinding adventure of Walt Disney’s 1954 film and the legacy Disney Parks attraction, “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea,” Skipper Society, which will draw on Jungle Cruise attractions from around the world, and Tomorrow Tower Suite, which will honor EPCOT at Walt Disney World Resort. Here’s a first look at some of the secrets that Disney Imagineers are incorporating into their designs for each space.
- At Disneyland Resort, a variety of flora and fauna sprouting around Jungle Cruise gives guests the sense that they are sailing in waterways around the globe. In honor of the original attraction, the plants throughout the Skipper Society on the Disney Treasure will be the same foliage species thriving in Disneyland.
- You may notice the vintage-style luggage stacked neatly behind the bar at Skipper Society featured in the artist rendering of the venue. Each suitcase will be plastered with travel stickers that represent locations depicted inside the Jungle Cruise attraction – including the backside of water!
- It’s hard to forget the iconic green and red architecture of the attraction building in Magic Kingdom Park in Walt Disney World Resort, which announces to all who see it that they are steps away from a hilarious adventure onboard the Jungle Cruise! As it happens, the green and red tones depicted on the walls of Skipper Society will be exact color matches to the Jungle Cruise attraction marquee at Magic Kingdom.
- While sipping cocktails or sampling tasty morsels at Skipper Society, future Disney Treasure guests will hear familiar music playing in the venue, including spiels from the Jungle Cruise attractions around the world! That means you’ll hear Skipper voices from across the globe and in various languages such as English, Dutch, French, Cantonese, and more.
- Skipper Society will have a jungle boat name of its own! Imagineers will dub the vessel housing the bar “Ems Empress” after the Ems River where the Disney Treasure will make her first voyage to sea. An “Ems Empress” sign will hang proudly inside the venue when the Disney Treasure sets sail in December 2024.
- Throughout the Periscope Pub, guests will discover various artifacts, drawings and books used by Captain Nemo and his brave crew during undersea explorations on the Nautilus.
- Only eagle-eyed fans will spot the hidden numbers located behind the bar in Periscope Pub! Disney Imagineers will include numbers on the large submarine pressure gauge decorating the back bar of the venue. These numbers honor the geographical coordinates of Meyer Werft shipyard where the Disney Treasure was built, and the official hull numbers of each ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
- The Periscope Pub will offer a delicious menu of light bites, undersea-inspired drinks and craft brews, including three exclusive tap beers that will be uniquely themed to the “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea” film and celebrated theme park attraction.
- Beloved by generations of Disney Parks goers, Figment is the adorable purple dragon who first debuted at the Journey Into Imagination attraction at EPCOT at Walt Disney World. In the Tomorrow Tower Suite, guests will encounter Figment posing in various hiding places.
- Imagineers will place a special sculpture at the base of the Tomorrow Tower Suite’s spiral staircase that honors the iconic EPCOT landmark, Spaceship Earth. The sculpture will bring the spirit of EPCOT to life when guests enter the suite through music and lighting effects.
There are even more secrets to uncover onboard the Disney Treasure, which will embark on its inaugural season of seven-night itineraries to the Eastern and Western Caribbean from Port Canaveral in December of 2024.